Monday, May 7, 2012

The First

It has been a busy day and my boys are finally asleep, which means my husband and I are now able to sit down and catch up on things that we have been meaning to do.  One of the things that has been on my "to do" list for a long, long, long time is to start writing about where we are in the renovation project that is our home.  So, here it goes we bought our home back in 2004 and it has been a work in progress ever since.  Looking back now I can honestly say that slowly, but surely, we have transformed every room in this house.  We love this house......it's a great house, with good bones, a beautiful open floor plan, fantastic yard on the water, an amazing energy, and did I mention our front door is a dutch door!?!

Our home is a very easy house to live in, and the outside is equally as comfortable.   On warm summer days and nights, this is one of our favorite places to relax..



Photo taken by Marc Steiner


Although I love our yard in every season,  I have to say spring is one of my favorite times of the year simply because of our weeping cherry tree....

Photo taken by Marc Steiner

Photo taken by Marc Steiner

Looking back, I think that the yard was one of the main reasons that we fell in love with our home (because it certainly wasn't the interior decor).  As time has past, like the house, our outdoor living space has certainly met all of our needs and then some.  I have to say that me, my husband,  our two boys, and two dogs couldn't be happier with the space.

Photo taken by Marc Steiner



Hope this description of our outdoor living space gave a nice window into how we love to spend our down time.  My hope is to use this blog for recording life with our boys, projects on our home, and our adventures along the way.  If you enjoy reading please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment